You're feeling scruffy. Great Clips has you covered. Vets can walk in on Monday — with no appointment — and get free haircuts. If you don't have the time Monday, or just got a buzz cut, you can still snatch a rain check for a freebie haircut.
• You yearn for the outdoors. Check out any of the nation's 100 national parks. All parks with admission fees are waiving them for vets over the three-day weekend.
• You're ready for lunch — with pizzazz. You might try Hooters, which offers vets free meals to $10.99 — as long as you buy a beverage. And, ah, no charge for the ambience.
• You're stressed from lunch. Participating Massage Envy shops in Washington, D.C.; Maryland; and Northern Virginia region offer a free, one-hour massage (worth $49) to active military and veterans. Appointments are mandatory. A standard 20% tip (about $10) will be expected — but not required. No rain checks.
• You savor an afternoon snack.If the snack you're lusting for is pizza, California Pizza Kitchen will serve vets any pizza on its menu for free — even The Works.
• You need financial advice. Vets get free access on Monday to a Kiplinger's and Wells Fargo-sponsored online tool — valued at $49.95 — that helps vets create a personalized strategy to boost Social Security benefits. Instructions at www.SocialSecurityforVeterans.com.
• You're hankering for dinner. Golden Corral rolls out a free buffet dinner and free beverage to active-duty and retired military.
•You desire dessert. Participating Krispy Kreme stores will feed a veteran's sweet tooth with a free doughnut and small coffee.
• You're getting sleepy. OK, this one's not on the house. But Red Roof Inn is offering 15% off at more than 350 properties nationwide all November to vets, active-duty military and their families.
•You've still got the munchies. Red Robin has got the cure: a free Tavern Double burger — served, of course, with bottomless fries.
• You don't want the day to end.You might cap it off with a caffeinated salute at Starbucks, which will pour a free, tall brewed coffee to vets and active military — and their spouses.
And More Free Meals for our Veterans: