Monday, November 10, 2008

VETERAN'S DAY TRIBUTE:

Veterans Day is an annual American holiday honoring military veterans. Both a federal holiday and a state holiday in all states, it is usually observed on November 11. It is also celebrated as Armistice Day or Remembrance Day in other parts of the world, falling on November 11, the anniversary of the signing of the Armistice that ended World War I. (Major hostilities of World War I were formally ended at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918 with the German signing of the Armistice.) We have gathered a few videos that I am sure you will like:
"Courtesy of the Red White and Blue" Toby Keith




"It is the soldier, not the reporter, Who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet, Who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the soldier, not the organizer, Who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.
It is the soldier, Who salutes the flag, Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag, Who allows the protestor to burn the flag".
- Father Dennis Edward O'Brian, USMC (often incorrectly attributed to Charles M. Province)"

If you appreciate your freedom Thank a Veteran Today!

And how did the Military vote in the 2008 election? Find out here.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you soldiers for everything you have given to me and our country.

Trader Rick said...

I think you're confusing Veterans Day (Armistice Day) that honors our veterans, with Memorial Day (Decoration Day) that honors our War Dead).

Veterans Day traces it's roots to 11-11-1918, the end of World War I.

Anyway, thanks to all vets for your service and Welcome Home 'Nam Vets!!

Kelly said...

My grandfather is a veteran of WWII. He spent his time protecting our coasts along the Florida coast.

Thanks to all vets for our freedom.

btw...I got your post on my blog. Ya, good blog. I will add yours to my links.

Jeffrey L Watts said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog...please add me to your link list, I have added yours to mine.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by, Steve. I've had you linked for some time now.

Happy Veterans' Day,

Semper Fi

Anonymous said...

THAT WAS A GREAT VETERAN'S DAY TRIBUTE..
THANK YOU AND THANK ALL YOU VETS OUT THERE.

Jeffrey L Watts said...

Love your freedom...thank a vet.

I've linked to your blog.

Thanks.

Pasadena Closet Conservative said...

I went to a Veterans Day event at Memorial Park in Pasadena today. I wish more people had been there.

Brooke said...

We just cannot thank our Vets enough.