Sunday, May 24, 2009

Here's to the Heroes!

What do you say to someone who voluntarily puts themselves in harms way, who goes overseas to a foreign country to fight for our freedom? What do you say to someone who spends years overseas often times not knowing when or if they are coming back? What do you say to someone who spends the best years of their lives in some of the worst conditions imaginable? What do you say to someone who, oftentimes, faces dangers you and I can't even imagine and does so without blinking?

All you can say is "Thank You". As we all know Memorial Day is devoted to and dedicated to remembering those who died in service to our country.. COMMON CENTS proudly brings you these video's which say far better than we can a special thanks to America's who gave the ultimate sacrifice for our country and for our freedom:
Billy Ray Cirus: "Some Gave All"
Toby Keith: "American Soldier"
Lee Greenwood: "Proud to be an American"
Tim McGraw: "If you're reading this - I'm already home"

3 comments:

Always On Watch said...

These are excellent videos for Memorial Day -- the true meaning, of course. I've seen all these videos before, of course, as I hang out with patriots and retired military.

When "Proud to Be an American" was first released, I was teaching in elementary school. We had a student in fifth grade -- a boy -- who could really sing. He performed the song with a backup choir of other children in the class. There wasn't a dry eye in the house! To hear children singing that song adds another element to the music and the words.

As you no doubt know, Rolling Thunder is in town right now. The patriotic roar of motorcyles filled the air this morning as the bikers made their way downtown to the Vietnam War Memorial. I live near an interstate interchange, and I cooked my breakfast with the windows wide open just to hear that lovely noise -- not for the noise but for what it represents on a symbolic level.

--------------------

A blessed Memorial Day to you!

Right Truth said...

These are all great videos, thanks for sharing. I have a new one, done by a friend of hubby's, that I will be posting tomorrow.

Have a great weekend and thank you for your service.

Best wishes to your lovely family.

Debbie Hamilton
Right Truth

christian soldier said...

CC-I saw these-they are great and very moving---I may swipe one this week OK :-)
Thank you for stopping by - you are on my favorites list - you know?!
C-CS