Update on Raju The Crying Elephant.
The heart-warming moment Raju the crying elephant finds a girlfriend... and has his first proper meal in decades after being starved and kept in spiked chains for 50 years
Raju is now safely living in the Elephant Conservation and Care Centre at Mathura, in northern India. The Daily Mail has the story.
- He was held in chains for more than 50 years after being poached in India
- The animal bled from spiked shackles and lived on hand-outs from tourists
- Team from North London charity Wildlife SOS travelled to India to free animal on July 4
- The five-and-a-half-tonne animal cried tears of joy after being freed
- He was introduced to female friend Phoolkali this week