Thursday, April 11, 2013

Adrenaline Rush: Two teen girls lift 3,000-lb tractor saving trapped their dad:

He must have two Superheros living in his house! Jeff Smith of Lebanon, Oregon was using his 1949 tractor to pull a tree stump out of the ground when his foot slipped from the clutch, flipping the 3,000 pound vehicle over and onto his chest. Smith shouted for help and his teen daughters, Hannah Smith, 16 and Haylee Smith, 14, arrived then acted quickly trying to dig their father out. Haylee said, "I just cannot dig fast enough and I'm freaking out. So I just cannot dig fast enough."

The sisters called 911, but decided that there was not enough time to wait for the arrival of emergency services. So the two girls each braced themselves, grabbed a side of the tractor and lifted. After trying six or seven times, the teens were miraculously able to get the hefty vehicle to move. The grateful father recalled, "When they lifted it up enough where I could kinda basically shimmy my way out from underneath it, where I just had my arm pinned at that point it was such a relief." Neighbors with another tractor then finished the rescue.

Haylee said, "I don't even know how I lifted it. Like it was just so heavy. And I could feel it, I could just feel all the weight. But we just did it. We both did." Jeff Smith was later taken by ambulance to the local hospital where he was treated for a broken left wrist and compression wounds on his arm. Smith thanked his neighbors and his heroic daughters saying, "If these two hadn't have been here to hear me...They saved my life."

Two teen girls lift 3,000-lb tractor saving trapped dad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hannah is hot